SD conferences - IWST 2012
The workshop will present ST as a way to cooperate and boost local economies of countries of destination through the strengthening of local tourism enterprises , the promotion of regional and community‐based tourism development, the protection of cultural and natural tourism assets and will display sustainable tourism potential and know-how accessible by tourism operators, students, professionals including training and capacity building opportunities for the hospitality industry .
Scientific Seminar with up to 60 guests
Duration: 9.00 -13.00 / 14.30 – 17.00
Presentations followed by Q&A session/discussion
The Workshop is organized by the University of Trento, Department of Materials Engineering and Industrial Technologies in the framework of the Erasmus Mundus projects Bridging the Gap and One More Step in collaboration with Trentino School of Management, ACSA , GTV, Royal University of Phnom Penh, Department of Tourism - Cambodia
It will illustrate and discuss responsible tourism and sustainable models of tourism development and governance as one of possible alternatives to foster local growth.
With the aim of stimulating tourist operators and potential entrepreneurs to promote sustainable tourism services and to collect information about specific needs of this emerging sector.
- Local development through responsible tourism: a bottom up approach.
- Responsible tourism: concept and services
- Tourism trends towards 2020
- Comparative models of tourism development and governance
- Valorisation of cultural heritage , natural and cultural resources
- Threats and opportunities for local tourism industry: emerging perspectives for existing and future tourism businesses
- newest products & services in the tourism sector
- Opportunities for operators effective entrepreneurship with limited financial power
- Experiences and study cases in Europe and South east Asia
The workshop is addressed to
- entrepreneurs and managers of hotels, tourist agencies, restaurants and other providers of tourist services
- professional tourist associations
- Universities and project partners
- students PhD and Post-Docs with suitable background
- mass media
The maximum number of participants is provisionally set to 60. Preference will be given to applicants submitting communications (abstract/poster) to the Workshop.
Participants are invited to submit oral communications to the Workshop.
The time allocated for each communication will be of 8 minutes. Please, do not use more than 10 slides.
Registration is requested for organizational purposes
Registration covers participation, coffee breaks and lunch on September 17th .
No registration fees will be required
Participants are asked to register before August 27th , 2012, by e-mailing the following information to the Organising Secretariat:
- Address and institution
- Telephone / e-mail address
- Optional: Abstract (one A4 page) or poster will be welcome
The workshop will be held in Phnom Penh, at the:
No. 1, Street 92, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh 12202, Kingdom of CambodiaT +855 23 430 333 F +855 23 430 339 http://phnompenh.sunwayhotels.com/Participants must provide for the accommodation by themselves.
- Mariangela Franch
- Onorio Clauser
Department of Materials Engineering and Industrial Technologies
University of Trento
via Mesiano, 77 -Trento, Italy