Am I eligible
The mobility will take place only between Europe and Asia and viceversa.
No intra-european or intra-asian mobility can be funded under the EMECW scheme.
European candidates are eligible to apply only if they belong to one of the EU partner universities, while Asian candidates should be citizens one of the L 12 Countries concerned .
Students, researchers, academic staff with relevant documents attesting to their citizenship, study level, proficiency in the language of instruction and able to produce the documents needed for the course or programme at the host university are eligible to apply.
Some universities may require additional documentation depending on National or Institutional regulations, or entry/language tests such as Toefl-test.
For mor details on requirements, please see programme information at the host university you are interested in.
Transcripts of records or diplomas are required. Please note that specific courses or programmes may have additional entry requirements.
You are eligible to apply as exchange student if you have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate studies.
Degree seeking undergraduates (Target group 2 or Target group 3 only) must refer to the elective University and the National Embassy of the hosting country to check deadlines and entry basic requirements of the higher education system.
You are eligible to apply if you have completed your BA studies and have the requested eligibility for the course or programme you are applying for. For target group 1 students currently enrolled in a BA programme planning to complete their studies before the specific Master programme starts may also apply but their home university must state the authenticity of this information. Their acceptance is subject to the attainment of graduation. Please CHECK the website of each partner university concerning the master programmes special requirements.
You are eligible to apply if you have completed a Master programme or have started your PhD studies already. Some universities have special programmes for their PhD students and some special courses that you need to apply for. Please note that you need to present your research areas in your application. Full PhD programmes may require an additional call launched at local level by the hosting institution.
If you already have a contact at a partner university, he or she would probably recommend you to the Central Selection board who will confirm the final selection. European post-docs must have the support of one of the European partner universities to carry out a post-doctorate mobility which can be research, training and/or following up highly specialized courses.
Teaching and administrative personnel working at one of the partner universities in the consortium is eligible to apply. As Academic Staff you need to contact the partner university coordinator if you don’t already have a colleague at the host university. Academic staff mobility refers to training, teaching and/or research activities performed by academic staff of partner universities in host institutions which are members of the partnership. The objectives of "academic staff mobility" must be:
- to provide academic staff with opportunities for professional and personal development, through the possibility of doing practical training, research or teaching assignments in a partner institution
- to encourage universities to broaden and enrich the range and content of courses they offer
- to allow students to benefit from the knowledge and expertise of academic staff from universities in participating in the partnership
- to consolidate links between institutions in different countries
- to promote exchange of expertise and experience on pedagogical methods
- to strengthen the capacity for international cooperation
- to prepare long-term recognition of studies between institutions through ECTS (European credit transfer system) or other compatible systems.
Academic staff undertaking a period of teaching, training or research in a partner university must work in or be associated with one of the participating institutions. Academic staff must have the nationality of one of the eligible countries and be fully integrated into the department or faculty of the host institution(s). The academic staff exchange should meet the following criteria:
- the home and host universities and the individual teachers should agree on the programme of lectures to be delivered by the visiting teachers, on the research activities or type of training to be followed
- the exchange may constitute a post-per- post exchange or a one-way visitor flow to or from a third country
- the mobility should ensure that the visiting teacher's contributions will be an integral part of a diploma programme of the host institution
- lead to the production of new teaching material
- be used to consolidate and extend links between departments and faculties and to prepare for future cooperation projects between the sending and host university
- help strengthen the international cooperation departments in the foreign university
- lead to progresses in the application of ECTS or other systems for recognition of studies in the partner institution