Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window
The EM ECW is a co-operation and mobility scheme in the area of higher education co-operation launched by Europe Aid cooperation Office and implemented by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The Erasmus Mundus External Co-operation Window (EM ECW) objective is to achieve better understanding and mutual enrichment between the European Union and third countries co-operation in the field of higher education through promoting the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills at higher education level. This will be achieved through the promotion of partnerships and institutional co-operation exchanges between European Higher Education Institutions and Third Country institutions and a mobility scheme addressing student and academic exchanges.
More specifically, the EM ECW aims:
- To enhance the international co-operation capacity of universities in third countries;
- To promote co-operation between sending and hosting institutions;
- To enable students to benefit linguistically, culturally and educationally from the experience of pursuing academic studies in another country, and to promote EU values;
- To improve the transparency and recognition of studies and qualifications, in particular building on the "acquis" and achievements gained of the Bologna process in this area;
- To provide good students from vulnerable groups with higher education;
- To enhance the skills and qualifications of foreign higher education staff so that they can contribute actively towards improvement of quality;
- To build the capacity of the administration and public and private sector by participation of their staff in higher education mobility activities (especially through doctorate and post-doctorate activities);
- To enhance in the medium term the political, cultural, educational and economical links between the European Union and Third-countries;